Friday, April 6, 2007

Stuck In My Cabana

The idea of this blog is simple. I'll list the pros and cons of moving back in with my parents. First, let me give you a little background info: I moved out of my parents house when I was sixteen. I'm twenty-one now, so if my math skills are still pretty rad, I'd say it's been five years since I last lived with them. Yes, I can math. Radly. Anyhoo, here's my current external and internal environment:




Not so bad, eh? We'll see. Let's start with the negative.




CONS
- Having to hear Moms hum music I like (I left my Regina Spektor album in her car).

- Obviously, there's a lack of privacy (pronounced with a short "i" sound). No more smoking J's indoors.

- No friends. Seriously. (It's kinda hard to meet people your age when you don't go to school and you work 46 hrs/week at a factory primarily employed by non-English speaking middle aged folk.

- It's really hot here most of the time. I miss the roller coaster weather of the Midwest.

- A damn little dog follows me around everywhere like someone is paying him to do it (this might actually be a PRO, I'm not sure).

- Hanging with the fam on a Saturday night!! WOO-HOO!!!! You never know what they're going to do!! READING BOOKS, WATCHING ROMANTIC COMEDIES, DOING CROSSWORD PUZZLES, LAUNDRY, AND MORE!!! The excitement never ends.

- My room is the guest bedroom. That means when there's actually a guest, the couch becomes my room.


PROS

- I still have my records (although my player has crapped out on me).

- Driving their cars all the time (no buying gas or paying car insurance).

- No rent or bills; paying off debts. Gnarls Bronson.

- Free food all the time. This is very nice, it allows me to indulge in extravagant meals that I wouldn't generally pursue (a can of Tab and a Vanilla Charleston Chew for breakfast).

- Sharing a pitcher of beer with Moms.

- Moms is taking me to see Modest Mouse in San Jose, mid-May (you can expect a related post when the time comes.)

- Free internet and computer usage. Bonus.

- They like to buy shit for me. Food, booze, clothes, shoes, food, booze, new glasses, food, etc.

- Pizza is still in existence.

That's all for now. It's not so bad, but damn, there are people and places that I miss 24/7. It's a good experience chilling here for awhile, but I'm more than ready to be back in my element. I'm counting down the days 'til June and passing the time by working, recording music, skateboarding, playing Nintendo, and blogging. Oh, and watching Wes Anderson movies of course.

3 comments:

Cassy said...

You rock my socks in so many ways. When you come back you will rock my socks off;)

Brady Beckham said...

Tracy would really be tolerable if there were 20 somethings crowd.

I don't know why you get the guest room with the big bed... I always stay on the little bed. in the other room.

masturbation is also difficult there.

nice read

Anonymous said...

Well written article.